Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions: "the DCBN" means The Domestic Cleaning Business Network Ltd (Company Reg. No. 12214518 and the "Member" (which expressions shall include any principal on whose behalf the joining form is completed) means the person, firm, company or organisation on whose behalf they are acting or purporting to act as set out on the joining form.
2. The following terms and Conditions relate to the following DCBN "Member" types:
Level One Members
Level Two Members
Collaborative Partners (subject to approval)
3. Subject to the type of membership should the member be required to pay the DCBN an annual membership subscription, these dues are paid in advance. If you choose the pay monthly option and subsequently cancel your membership, the DCBN reserves the right to charge you the remaining balance for the year's membership.
4. By submitting the Application form to join the DCBN the Member is agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of membership which may be subject to an annual subscription fee in line with the membership type/level selected; The membership fees become due immediately upon application in-line with the DCBN standard payment terms detailed in clause 10. Failure to pay dues will be deemed as a breach of contract under these Terms and Conditions.
5. Members annual subscription is automatically renewed and is due upon the Members anniversary date unless notice is served. Notice may be served by the Member by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and acknowledged by the DCBN. A minimum of ONE months' notice is required prior to the date of the Members anniversary/renewal date. If no written notice is received within a minimum of ONE months' prior to the date of the Members anniversary/renewal date the proceeding year's membership dues will be charged and are required to be honoured and paid in full with no option of refund.
Failure to pay dues will be deemed as a breach of contract under these Terms and Conditions and will result in a temporary membership suspension until payment is made, a notification of which will appear on the members profile page and reminder emails will be sent out.
6. By joining the DCBN, the member is agreeing to these terms and conditions and this agreement constitutes a legally binding contract between the DCBN and the Member. We expect all members to hold insurance, be registered with HMRC for tax purposes and to add proof of this to your membership profile area. the DCBN will check this and if it is not available, we can advise and guide you on how to either get registered and insured and give you 30 days to get this organised. If after this stage you have not completed this, then we reserve the right to suspend or cancel membership. We also expect all members to be operating legally and paying at least National Minimum Wage. We reserve the right to add additional membership requirements and will provide a minimum of 28 days notice in this instance.
7. Payments can be made online via credit card or debit card. In exceptional circumstances we can accept a full annual payment via Bacs Transfer or by cheque.
8. Unless special payments terms have been agreed with the trade association in advance both new and existing renewing members are required (inline with clause 5) to payments annually in advance or in monthly instalments. Under this agreement unless prior written agreement has been sought the member may not withhold any payment after the final payment due date (see clause 10).
9. The DCBN's standard payment terms, be that upon joining or upon auto renewal are either same day if payment is made via credit card or 15 working days from date of invoice if payment is being made via bank transfer or cheque. Membership dues not received within 15 days of becoming due will result in membership being considered lapsed and as a result the DCBN reserves the right to suspend the member (a notification of which will appear on the members profile page and via email) together with access to all services pending payment. However, the annual membership charges will continue to be due, together with interest at 2% above the Bank of England's base rate.
10. The Member shall have their membership suspended and pay interest on all amounts remaining unpaid after the final payment due date at the statutory rate pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. The Member shall pay all debt collection dues (including legal fees) and costs whatsoever incurred by the DCBN in collecting the dues.
11. No Pro-rata refunds will be made if cancellation notice is received in writing during any previous annual membership term unless by prior agreement with one of the Directors.
12. Membership dues may be revised periodically and will be notified to Members in writing or notified to all members via electronic means through the member's portal.
13. Terms and conditions of Membership, may be revised from time to time and will be notified to Members in writing or notified to all members via electronic means through the member's portal.
14. Payment for applications from companies with non-EU mailing addresses may be subject to additional bank handling surcharges.
15. Membership is intended for the named Member organisation only or in the case of individual Associate membership in the name of the assigned person.
16. In agreeing to become a Member, the Member consents to data relating to them - to the extent that it is not publicly available - being held on the DCBN's computers.
17. Orders placed with the DCBN shall constitute a contract when the Member either submits an on-line application, submits a hard copy application form, signs an order or confirms their acceptance by email.
18. The DCBN may terminate this agreement at any time giving 28 days notice to the Member, the DCBN will provide full details of the reason for termination and the Member has the right to appeal in writing to the DCBN Directors
19. The DCBN will clearly state online and in related literature what the dues cover for the various membership levels on the Membership Page
20. Benefits of membership are outlined on the Membership Page
21. In the first instance all enquiries shall be directed to email@example.com
22. Members have licence to only display the correct DCBN Member Logo approved supplier badge which relates to their specific member type on their website and corresponding marketing literature. The Member shall not, without the DCBN prior written agreement, provide to any third party the Member logo which relates to their member type.
23. Members who serve notice or who have had their membership suspended can no longer display the corresponding Membership Badge or any content pertaining to their membership of the DCBN on their Website or within any marketing material. All related content will need to be removed with immediate effect.
24. The DCBN may reproduce for reasonable publicity purposes any photographs taken and drawings prepared by it in the performance of the Membership Services. The Member will consult with the DCBN when issuing publicity which concerns the Membership Services. The DCBN shall not use any information that the Member has stated in writing to be confidential.
25. The DCBN's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of this Agreement shall be limited to the cost of the Membership Services supplied under the Agreement; and the DCBN shall not be liable to the Member for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, loss of revenue, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the Agreement.
26. The Member warrants and represents to the DCBN that it has and will continue to provide accurate and up to date data to the DCBN which the DCBN can rely upon.
27. Any data provided is solely for the use of the Member it was provided to (either under membership of the DCBN or through any specific consultancy activities provided by the DCBN). This data cannot be sold, re-sold or circulated to other organisations, private bodies or individuals not directly employed by the Member unless prior agreement has been sought from the DCBN.
28. Any data provided by the DCBN is updated regularly and the figures are subject to change from the original date of publication.
30. Contract between the Member and the DCBN shall be covered by English Law and the Member and the DCBN submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.